Friday, January 21, 2011

Just a brief update

SO I have been so busy that I have not had time to update our blog. So here it is.

October,
The girls had so much for Kennidi's birthday party. We had a big party at my parents house and all of our friends came and we had a big barbecue. We played games and just had a good night. For Halloween Kennidi was Snow White, McKinlee was Cinderella, Blake was the Prince and I was Snow Whites Stepmother. They had so much fun downtown Grass Valley Trick or Treating. They were so cute

November,
In November we were so excited to have a beautiful Wedding. Kristi got married on November 17 in Carson City. She is so happy. And we just found out that she is pregnant and is due the middle of August. We love those Honeymoon babies. In case you don't know I am pregnant also due June 22. So it will be so much fun to have a baby with Kristi. The weekend of Kristi's wedding, here in Grass valley we had an enormous snow storm. It took us 4 hours to get from Carson City to Grass Valley. The night that we got back from the wedding, we decided to go up to my parents house to hang out with JEremy and Becca and Sean and Ashley because Sean and Ashley were leaving the next day. We get to my parents house and they have no power. Which is always fun. I have fond memories in tat house when the electricity goes out. Anyways after being there for 2 hours we notice that it had snowed about 8 inches. SO Blake had to put the chains back on our car to get home. So we are leaving we get 2 minutes down the road and come across a huge Oak tree that had fallen across the road. SO I call my Dad and he gets everybody loaded up in the Tahoe with chain saws to come and clean u the road. They had quit the team. Dad, Jeremy, Sea, Ashley and Austin. Then Blake and I were already there. It takes us about 10 minutes to clear the road. Blake and i continue our journey home and realize there is another tree in the road. But it is too late for us to stop so up and over the tree we go. That was an adventure in and of itself. We get home and realize that all the lights downtown including our house are out. The problem with our house being out f electricity is that we have electric heat, and there is no way we are making it back up the mountain to my parents house in our car. So we call my Dad and he comes down and gets us. On our way back up, we come across another tree in the road, so we call the house and the crew comes back down and gets the tree out of the road for us. Finally we make it back to my parents. The whole week was crazy. My parents didn't get electricity until 5 days later, but Jeremy's family was here and Tami cam up that week also for Thanksgiving, so during the days we had my family, Jeremy's family (50 and Tami's family (7) plus my parents(2) and Kristi came towards the end of the week (5) Needless to say, there were a lot of people in a small house. But it was fun. So that was November.

December,
Deccember was quit as eventful. Still busy but slower. Kennidi and McKinlee got to see Santa twice. The second time was at the ward Christmas party were Blake was Santa, Kennidi knew right away that it was Daddy, but we explaine to her that there are so many kids for Santa to see that he has helpers that helps him visit all the kids and that Daddy was one of his special helpers. She loved the idea that Daddy was Santa's special helper. That same night at the party the primary put on the Nativity, Kennidi towards the end got bored and stole baby Jesus from Mary and started to play with him. It was so funny. McKinlee on the other had hated Santa. We spent Christmas here and then we to Blake's family in Idaho for a week. We had a lot of fun. Kennidi had a lot of fun with her cousins out there.



Now it is January and we are back to our busy everyday lives. Mondays I teach 4 students piano lessons and then Kennidi is starting dance this Monday, Tuesdays I have 3 more piano lessons, Wednesdays and Thursdays I watch the Hamberlin boys, which is great, it gives Kennidi someone to play with besides always picking on McKinlee. Kennidi also has swim lessons on Thursdays, then Fridays are my only free week day. It is nice to have a day to rest.
Thanks for reading I will try and keep this more updated.

No comments: